Cookie Banner and Consent Management for your WordPress website – easy to be legally compliant
Obtain GDPR and ePrivacy Directive compliant consents. Find services, cookies etc. and fill all legal information in your cookie banner. More than just a cookie notice! Cookie plugin designed specifically for WordPress websites to simplify setup.
Real Cookie Banner is an cookie and consent management plugin. Obtain consent to load services and set cookies for your visitors in accordance with the GDPR and ePrivacy Directive. In addition, content blockers help you to be compliant even if your theme, plugin or content loads styles, scripts or iframes that would transfer personal data. Start now with our guided-configuration and avoid legal risks!
➤ Scan your website and discover services that require consent!
Whether the use of the plugin leads to legally compliant data processing largely depends on whether the plugin is configured correctly for your use case. You yourself are responsible for a correct configuration.
FEATURES OF THE COOKIE PLUGIN
Consent Management: You can use Real Cookie Banner to store all technical and legal information about services and cookies to obtain informed consent. You can use 150+ service templates and 120+ content blocker templates to quickly and securely provide all the information you need.
Content Blocker: Themes, plugins and co. usually load scripts, styles and content that transfer personal data and set cookies before you have the consent of your visitors. You usually cannot control this by yourself. Content blockers make sure that these features are only executed after you have obtained consent.
Customize design: You can design the cookie banner according to your wishes. 20+ design templates and 200+ options give you the flexibility to customize the cookie banner perfectly to your needs. From colors and effects to texts, you can unleash your creativity! All changes are displayed in a live preview.
Guided configuration: After installation, the checklist will guide you through all steps to be able to set up Real Cookie Banner in a legally compliant manner. We also explain the legal basis of features and the legal consequences if you change settings. So, you can quickly and safely set up your cookie banner!
Documentation of consents: According to the GDPR, you have to prove that a visitor has consented to cookies and processing of personal data if he or she doubts this. We document consent completely and make it possible to trace the origin of the consent afterwards. You are on the safe side even in the worst case!
Native in WordPress: Real Cookie Banner is a cookie plugin specially designed for WordPress. It is fully installed in your WordPress as a native plugin. All consents are processed and stored on your server. Nothing is downloaded from a cloud in your visitor’s browser, which avoids further legal issues.
You want a list of all features? Get it by scrolling down!
Real Cookie Banner is available in English and German (informal and formal). More languages will be added soon! In the meantime, you can also customize and translate all the texts yourself, if your website is in Spanish, French, Italian, Polish, Dutch, Czech, Romanian, Belgian, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Greek, Portuguese, Turkish and Russian.
ALL FEATURES OF REAL COOKIE BANNER
Some of the features listed below are only available in the PRO version of Real Cookie Banner. They are marked with an asterisk.
Beginner-friendly // solution for the cookie hassle – for everyone
- Guided configuration: After installation, we will guide you through the setup step by step. With easy to understand explanations.
- Checklist for potential legally compliant setup: A checklist shows you all the steps to be able to set up your cookie banner in a legally compliant way.
- Scan your website: Automatically search your entire website. Find used services with templates and embedded external URLs effortlessly.
- Free version available: Start at no cost and pay only when you really need additional features.
- Support (Live Chat and Email): You have questions? We are here for you. Promised! (limited for users of the free version)
- Fully translated: WordPress plugin and all templates are translated in English and German (informal and formal).
Consent Management // we take care of compliant consents
- Cookies and processing of personal data: We obtain consents for you in accordance with the ePrivacy Directive and GDPR. For more than just cookies!
- 150+ service and 120+ content blocker templates*: We’ve already collected all the necessary technical and legal stuff for 150+ popular services, so you can avoid the hassle.
- Individual groups for services: Make it easy for your visitors to opt-in by grouping services together. Automatically suggested groups for services with templates.
- Technical specifications of HTTP cookies and cookie-like information: You can store all necessary information about HTTP cookies, Local Storage, Session Storage, Flash Local Shared Object and IndexedDB.
- Legal links: View history of consent and change or revoke consent. You can (and must legally) offer this with simple WordPress menu items or shortcodes anywhere on your website.
- Youth protection according to GDPR: We take care that also minors can give consents on your website according to Art. 8 GDPR. Without data protection violation!
- Consent for data processing in the USA*: The USA is considered as a country with an insufficient level of data protection in the EU. We obtain consents so that you can still use US-services like Google Analytics.
- Automatically obtain of new consents: You change something on the cookie banner? We will notify you automatically when you need to get a new consent!
- Accepting all cookies for bots: For more visibility in search engines, bots can automatically consent and see the full content of your website.
- Use of “Do Not Track” header: Don’t annoy your visitors who are already signaling that they don’t want to consent. You can respect the “Do Not Track” HTTP-header.
Documentation // truly fully documented consents
- Documentation of consents with revision: All services, its consents, service groups, settings and design customizations are saved. Fulfill the duty of proof according to GDPR!
- Creation of consents afterwards traceable*: View retrospectively how consent was obtained through an interactive visualization of the cookie banner or content blocker.
- Statistics about consents*: Necessarily documented information about the consents are aggregated for statistics. This allows you for example to extrapolate your data in Google Analytics.
Content Blocker // load services only with consent
- Block already integrated link, script and iframe HTML tags: Already included elements by your theme or plugins can be blocked based on the HTML tag. Works for every HTML element on initial load of your website!
- URL blocking: Elements that may only be loaded after consent can be blocked based on the URL. Works also for inline scripts and retina images.
- Custom element blocking: You can block elements based on custom defined rule e.g. via their CSS class. With an easy to understand and flexible syntax. Not only for software developers.
- @font-face fonts blocking: Inline loaded fonts from external servers can be blocked fine granular. You can be privacy-compliant even if Google Fonts can not be disabled in your theme!
- Inline style splitting: Some page builders download files in inline styles for which you need consent. We split styles so that your website loads correctly while listening for consents.
- Privacy-compliant lazy loading: Embeds are post-loaded after the consent check depending on the viewport of your website visitor, which makes your initial page load faster.
- Visual Content Blockers: They ask for consent from visitors if they have declined services in the cookie banner. Replace e.g. YouTube videos with similar-looking privacy-compliant imitations*.
- Automatic video playback after consent: If your visitor allows the loading of an external video only via a content blocker, he must start the video manually afterwards. We save him the click and start YouTube, Vimeo and more videos automatically.
- Content Blocker connected with services: Each content blocker is associated with one or more services. With it, content is automatically unblocked when consent is given in the cookie banner.
Design // always fits perfectly into your website
- Cookie banner and content blocker layout: You can customize the design of your cookie banner with more than 200 options*. So, it will fit perfectly with your corporate design!
- Live preview of design and text changes: All visual changes to your cookie banner will be displayed live on your website in the WordPress Customizer. Without annoying reloading!
- 20+ cookie banner design presets*: Don’t waste your time tinkering with the design forever. Just use one of our templates. There is something for every taste!
TCF Compatibility // obtain standardized consents
- TCF 2.0+ compatibility*: Transparency and Consent Framework (TCF) is a standard of the European digital marketing industry association IAB Europe. It allows standardized consent to be obtained. We support the widely used standard TCF 2.0 and newer.
- Configuration with user interface*: TCF is mostly very technical and can be set up only with code. Not with us! You can configure all important features, vendors etc. in one interface with understandable explanations of the terms used in the standard.
- Certified CMP: Real Cookie Banner is a CMP certified by IAB Europe. You can be sure that we have fully and correctly implemented all the requirements of the standard. We also proactively inform you about violations due to incorrect configuration of your cookie banner.
Special Features // made for professional users
- Geo-restriction*: Cookie banners are not necessary for users from all countries. Internationally oriented websites can decide per country whether a cookie banner should be displayed. This way you avoid unnecessary distraction from your content!
- Support for Google Tag Manager and Matomo Tag Manager*: Load your tag manager in a privacy-friendly way only after consent. Then process consents directly in your tag manager as events (with fallback for visitors without consent for the tag manager).
- Consent Forwarding*: Forward a visitor’s consents and avoid multiple consents from a visitor on multiple websites of your company (with WordPress Multisites or multiple WordPress installations; forwarding as one-way sync or two-way sync of consents).
Technical // perfection in detail – for WordPress
- Support for multilingual websites: Your cookie banner also works in multilingual websites with WPML, Polylang, TranslatePress and Weglot. We have built explicit integrations for these plugins.
- Native solution in WordPress: Real Cookie Banner is installed in your WordPress. Consents are processed and stored exclusively on your server. Nothing is downloaded from the cloud in the browser of your visitors!
- PageSpeed Insights optimized: Loading time of your website matters. Real Cookie Banner is optimized for PageSpeed Insights, Lighthouse and Web Vitals. You can achieve a PageSpeed Score of 100 with an active cookie banner.
- Automatic deletion of 1st-party cookies: In the event of an opt-out, 1st-party cookies can be automatically deleted on the client- and server-side to ensure due diligence.
- Support for automatic flushing of all known page caches: After a change to the cookie banner or content blocker, we automatically clear your page cache plugin. No more problems with outdated caches!
- Anti-Ad-Blocker system: Cookie banners are annoying and many people block them. We have implemented special mechanisms that make your cookie banner almost impossible to block. Because you should get your consents!
- Import and export: All settings and consents can be exported at any time. Use already defined settings in new websites and save time if you are an agency building many websites!
- Support for WordPress Multisites: You use a WordPress Mulisite? No problem! Real Cookie Banner also works with such a setup.
- API for developers: You want to extend Real Cookie Banner? We have documented WordPress actions & filters and our REST API for you.
There are no reviews yet.