Upload PDF files and embed them directly into your site’s posts and pages. It works as simple as adding images! Your PDF files will be automatically sized to their natural size and shape. You can also specify a width and the correct height will be calculated automatically. Our PDF Embedder plugin is fully responsive, so the embedded PDF will also look perfect, on any device. Additionally, the pdf embedder will automatically resize whenever the browser dimensions change.
The PDF viewer has Next and Previous buttons to navigate the document, and zoom buttons if some areas of a PDF file are too small for your screen.
Other PDF embedder plugins insert the PDF into an ‘iframe’ which means they do not get the flexibility over sizing. Ours does not and that is a incredible benefit to the overall viewing experience across all devices.
In the free plugin, there is no button for users to download the PDF, but download options are available in the Premium versions along with other awesome features.
Another Premium feature are Hyperlinks in your PDF being clickable. Links in the free plugin cannot be clicked.
- Once installed and Activated, click Add Media from any page or post, just like adding an image, but drag and drop a PDF file instead.
- When you insert into your post, it will appear in the editor as a ‘shortcode’ as follows:
- [pdf-embedder url=’https://mysite.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Plan-Summary.pdf’]
- You can change the default appearance – e.g. width, and toolbar position/appearance through Settings -> PDF Embedder.
To override your site-wide defaults on an individual embed, see the Plugin Instructions for information about sizing options plus other ways to customize the shortcodes.
Features available in the PDF Embedder Premium versions:
- Download button in the toolbar
- Continuous scroll between pages
- Hyperlinks are fully functional
- Full screen mode
- Edit page number to jump straight to page
- Track number of downloads and views
- Secure option – difficult to download original PDF
- Removes wp-pdf.com branding