This Canada Post Shipping Plugin for WooCommerce provides integration with Canada Post and your WooCommerce website. It is able to provide live shipping rates directly to your customers in their shopping cart and at checkout. Also, it provides up-to-date package information from Canada Post’s Parcel Tracking service. This plugin is fully bilingual in English and Français (French) and is compatible with WPML, a multilingual plugin for WordPress. Canada Post PDF Shipment Labels can be created on Woocommerce orders. It can be used to ship with in Canada as well as Worldwide.
Shipment Label Creation
Canada Post Shipment Labels can be created from this plugin. PDF Labels can be generated on Woocommerce orders. These can then be printed out and shipped on the package. The tracking number is auto-added to the order in this plugin’s Parcel tracking service. Shipment labels can be generated for Non-Contract (ie. Small Business/Venture one) as well as Contract customers that do not need a Manifest.
Parcel Tracking Service
Package Tracking is available when you enter the PIN (Parcel Identification Number) or Tracking Number into the customers order details. This plugin will automatically look up the most recent and up to date event information available for your order from Canada Post, when you view the order. You can set an automatic email notification to be sent to your customer when the package is mailed or delivered. The tracking information can be set to allow your customer to receive up to date information on their order either as an email notification and/or at your customer order page.
Live Shipping Rates in the Shopping Cart
This shipping plugin uses the product’s weight and dimensions to calculate the most accurate shipping rates. For the rates to work, product weight is required but product dimensions are optional. The shipping cost can be calculated with boxes, if configured. If desired there is the option to add a mark-up rate to shipping charges.
You are able to choose which services from Canada Post you want to offer your customer (ie. Regular mail, Xpresspost, Expedited, etc). There is also an option available to add additional handling time if needed. The shipping charges will be calculated and displayed using current and live rates directly from Canada Post.
An additional feature gives you the option to set up Lettermail; which gives you the ability you to set a flat rate for regular post items that are small enough to be delivered with Canada Post Lettermail within Canada or the US. In addition this feature can be set for flat rate shipping for sales or promotions.
Multilingual / Bilingual English and Français (French)
Shipping rates and information from Canada Post can be shown in English or Français (French). This is set by your WordPress installation or WPML language selection. The plugin includes a language file for French (fr_FR), which provides full French translation for all admin screens and labels. Note: Support communication and documentation is currently only in English.
Define as many shipment points as needed for rates lookup and shipments. It uses geolocation when determining the closest shipment point to the destination postal code. This selection is saved with the Woocommerce order.
Canada Post Services Available
Domestic (within Canada)
- Lettermail Canada (Flat Rates Feature)
- Regular Parcel
- Expedited Parcel
- Xpresspost Certified
- Library Books
- Lettermail USA (Flat Rates Feature)
- Expedited Parcel USA
- Priority Worldwide Envelope USA
- Priority Worldwide pak USA
- Priority Worldwide Parcel USA
- Small Packet USA Air
- Tracked Packet – USA
- Xpresspost USA
- Xpresspost International
- International Parcel Air
- International Parcel Surface
- Priority Worldwide Envelope Int’l
- Priority Worldwide pak Int’l
- Priority Worldwide parcel Int’l
- Small Packet International Air
- Small Packet International Surface
- Tracked Packet – International
Summary of Features
- Live accurate shipping rates directly in Woocommerce shopping cart and checkout page
- Parcel Tracking: Updates your order with Parcel Tracking details when a PIN/Tracking number is added
- Canada Post Shipment Labels can be created. These PDF Labels can be generated on Woocommerce orders
- Shipment labels work for Non-Contract (ie. Small Business/Venture one) as well as Contract customers that do not need a Manifest.
- Multiple warehouses. You can now define more than one shipping origin for rates lookup and shipments. It uses geolocation when determining the closest shipment point to the destination postal code.
- Ability to add a markup/margin to shipping rates
- Uses Canada Post’s new Web Services (Not SellOnline) for speed and stability
- Ability to use Shipment Boxes in rates calculation
- Lettermail service that can be set as a flat-rate for smaller items or promotions
- Bilingual option in English and French (Translation-ready with Language files (.po/.mo))
- Requires a Canada Post Account/Venture One and API Access (free) – You can simply sign-up online at Canada Post Developer Program