Boost Utility, Usability & Conversions
What are WordPress Video Popups?
Video Popups converts your normal video embeds into a fully functioning and responsive video player.
Video Popups Gives You Results In Minutes
After inserting your video by pasting the url or using the
shortcode in the Popup Editor, styling your Popup Theme, and configuring your Video Popup Settings, you’ll have a fully customizable and responsive video light box – all within minutes.
How Does It Work?
It translates the video player from a normal iframe embed to one using HTML 5 video APIs. Not only that, but because our popups stream videos on demand instead of pre-loading them!
- Start the video when the popup opens
- Close the popup when the video ends
- Resume the video if it was previously paused when the popup is opened
- Rewind the video to the beginning when the popup is opened
- Seek to a specific time in the video when the popup is opened
- When the popup is closed, pause the video for easy resuming
- When the popup is closed, stop the video and reset to the beginning
- When the popup is closed, destroy the video player
- Adds three new Cookie Creation Events: Video Played, Video Paused and Video Ended
- Stream videos on demand and cut their load times by 85%
Our WordPress Video Popups are compatible with:
- YouTube Videos
- Vimeo Videos
- Any HTML5 Videos
If you want to learn more information on these features and settings, check our our Popup Videos Documentation.
Depending on the goals and purpose of your video, you might implement your popup differently from the examples below – and that’s okay – that’s the kind of versatility that comes with Popup Maker.
Triggering a Video Popup on Image Click
The first thing we must do is setup our one column photo gallery and it give it a class of “age-vid-1”, as seen below – this will setup our Trigger. You can choose to enter any class that best suits your needs.
Now that we have our Trigger created on the front end, we can create our video popup from the WordPress Admin.
Setting Up the WordPress Video Popup
First, simply copy and paste the video URL into the Popup Content Editor as seen below:
Once we’ve added our URL, we can configure the Video Popup Settings themselves to best suit our needs.
To learn more about the settings, features, details, and descriptions of this extension, check out our Video Popups Documentation.